Thursday, February 08, 2007

John Edwards: "personally offended, but..."

From The Candidate's blog:

The tone and the sentiment of some of Amanda Marcotte's and Melissa McEwan's posts personally offended me. It's not how I talk to people, and it's not how I expect the people who work for me to talk to people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign, whether it's intended as satire, humor, or anything else.


That's tellin' em!

But I also believe in giving everyone a fair shake. I've talked to Amanda and Melissa; they have both assured me that it was never their intention to malign anyone's faith, and I take them at their word. We're beginning a great debate about the future of our country, and we can't let it be hijacked.

Uh...that would be not tellin' em.

From Amanda Marcotte, we are advised:

One thing I vow here and now–you mother******s who want to ban birth control will never sleep. I will **** without making children day in and out and you will know it and you won’t be able to stop it. Toss and turn, you mean, jealous mother******s. I’m not going to be “punished” with babies. Which makes all your efforts a failure.

No maligning of anybody's faith here, right?

Last December, dear Amanda opined that the Roman Catholic Church’s opposition to the use of contraception forced women “to bear more tithing Catholics.”

That's just harmless opinion. No anti-religion going on here, right?

The -- uh -- "ladies" have been retained by candidate Edwards to help get him elected president of the United States. Because, after all, they deserve a "fair shake."

I'd like to give 'em a "fair shake" all right.

Sheesh.