Monday, September 01, 2008

About the death penalty and abortion and voting

“There may be a legitimate diversity of opinion even among Catholics about waging war and applying the death penalty,” he said, “but not, however, with regard to abortion and euthanasia.”

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger

Again, I am NOT for capital punishment. I hate the very notion of it. I hate war, too (who actually likes war?) but I DO support the war on terror.

But that's not the point of this post. I beg pro-life Americans who, with good reason (in my opinion) dislike the Republican candidates' positions on the death penalty, and with perfect reasoning (in the Church's opinion) are against the candidate's position on embryonic stem-cell research to nevertheless NOT sit out this election.

The alternative is so much worse it defies description.

Thank you. I'm Kelly Clark and I approve of this message.