Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Former President Bill Clinton on embryos and I am not making this up!

I tried to embed the Larry King Live interview after being alerted by alert watcher Deborah but couldn't. She writes:
Clinton spoke about embryos not being fertilized and said that if embryos were ever on their way to be fertilized, they shouldn't be used for experimentation. He said this one way or another about 3 or 4 times and then ended by saying it unequivocally.
I couldn't believe my ears! Surely, I thought, Dr. Gupta - a medical doctor, isn't he? - is going to nicely point out that an embryo is an embryo because it has been fertilized, that it is a genetically complete fully fertilized egg. Gupta said nothing.

Can it be that Bill Clinton and Dr. Gupta don't really know what an embryo is?

I hope someone in the pro-life movement will use the clip of Clinton saying fertilized embryos should not be used for experimentation!
Anyway, you've GOT to watch this: Dr. Sanjay Gupta interviews Bill Clinton on embryonic stem cell research