Sunday, July 10, 2011

Father Roger Landry: Toward the true pastoral care of those with same-sex attractions

Father Roger Landry wrote a very loving piece...far, FAR better than I could have expressed it, but putting into words what I've tried to express...and what I've tried so hard to tell myself.

One piece -- of many! -- struck me:

Gay pride is an expression that embraces something far different than respect for all those with same-sex attractions. Rather it connotes: treating same-sex activity as a quasi-sacrament to be celebrated instead of a sin to be confessed; approval and advocacy of same-sex relationships, lifestyle, unions, and "marriages;" rejection and ridicule of Biblical and magisterial teaching on human sexuality; and acceptance of a deeply-flawed anthropology that totally marginalizes the meaning of God's having made the human person in His image and likeness male and female (Gen 1:27).


But there's so much more. Please read the entire column here.