Monday, August 19, 2013

What pro-lifers really do (and no, it's not harassing The Right to Choose)

My "pro-choice" friends aren't going go like this and you know what? I don't give a bleep. From an email conversation between Carol McKinley (aka, alas, That Nut) and me, Her Fellow Nut, today:

~~~~~~~~~~~

[no subject]


Hi, I am at work and need to be brief.  Sorry!

There are a few pregnant homeless people that are hanging at south station. Is the Sancta Maria House full?  What is the procedure?

I tried calling but got a mechanical voice that told me to call back.

Thanks and love

Sent from my iPhone

~~~~~
Subject: Homeless Pregnant Ladies

Hi Carol,

Since you're the one advocating, you need to call Sancta Maria House: 617-423-4366. They open the doors for women in the early evening…I'm not sure what time. Sharon Dias is the current house mother now that Mary's retired and at Marion Manor. Tell who answers the phone that you're friends with Sharon.

Your other option, and this might be better since the ladies are pregnant, is Friends of the Unborn in Quincy. 617-786-7903. Tell them you're friends with Marilyn Birnie, who's also retired, but still is active. Friends can keep them longer…I think Sancta Maria has a week limitation.

God love you for doing this,

Kelly
~~~~~~~~
Subject: Re: Homeless Pregnant Ladies

Kelly, thanks.  

I think one of them may have a drug issue but she claims she is sober.  

Does Marilyn's place take people with drug issues, I thought not...but will call both. Thank you so much for guidance and suggestions!

Love,

Sent from my iPhone
~~~~~~~~~~~
Both do…but neither one *allows* drugs or alcohol. Sheesh, if they didn't take women with drug issues, they'd have *plenty* o' room :-)

Friends of the Unborn, I think, is probably the best bet, because they're tailored to pregnant women, not just homeless women.

Thanks!

XOXO

Kelly
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: Re: Homeless Pregnant Ladies

Ha.  LOL.  Sometimes I am stupid.  Hahaha.

Thanks Kelly and love.

Sent from my iPhone
~~~~~~~~

Subject: Re: Homeless Pregnant Ladies

:-)

You're what being pro-life is all about.
~~~~~
Subject: Re: Homeless Pregnant Ladies

I am only leading the horses to the real heroes!

Thanks for your kind words Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone

~~~~~~~~~~

So. I don't know what happened to our friends at South Station. But I do know something else. People who allege that pro-life women are [fill in the blank…you know what they say] are filled with you know what.

This isn't an extraordinary scenario. It is not at all unusual for a person to concern herself with his her or fellow men or women.

"Pro-choicers" (and yes, I put them in quotes because I simply don't believe in them) would love to think that people like Carol don't give a bleep about anybody.

Sweets? You're wrong. And if you're a "pro choice person," tell me something: when was the last time you gave "Pregnant Homeless Persons" a choice at all?

Yep. I didn't think so.

May God continue to bless you.