Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ten Tips to Make a Better Confession

Father Ed Broom offers some great advice. I'd add: while examining your conscious, remember your blessings.

For example. I was pondering over the anger I'd felt one day over someone who'd hurt me terribly. To add, as I'd thought, insult to injury, I found out that this person was revered -- almost bleeping idolized! -- by the secular press.

And then? I thought about the difficulty I'd have with certain Psalms of David.

Yes! Too many times, after praying -- or trying to pray -- certain Psalms, I'd think to myself: "What a wimp! What a whiner! This guys is always complaining about how His Enemies Are Faring Well Than He. Jerk."

Hello!!!

It struck me then. This is the Holy Spirit, speaking through the psalmist. This is GOD telling us that He understands how we feel cheated, sometimes…and more than that, that He Himself, in the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, felt it Himself.

More importantly? That He loves us…that He loves me, even though at times it appears He doesn't.

What a blessing!

And so, Father Broom, thank you for your tips, and all? I hope you consider counting those blessings.

May God continue to bless you!