Sunday, August 03, 2014

What is a priest? Saint John Vianney…and Father Mark Yavarone, OMV

My children, we have come to the Sacrament of Orders. It is a Sacrament which seems to relate to no one among you, and which yet relates to everyone. This Sacrament raises man up to God. What is a priest! A man who holds the place of God -- a man who is invested with all the powers of God. "Go, " said Our Lord to the priest; "as My Father sent Me, I send you. All power has been given Me in Heaven and on earth. Go then, teach all nations…he who listens to you, listens to Me; he who despises you despises Me. " 

The Cure of Ares also echoes Saint Francis of Assisi, when he says:


If I saw an Angel and a priest, I would bend my knee first to the priest and then to the Angel.



I debated posting this, but in the end I couldn't help but do it. Here, Father Mark Yavarone, O.M.V. (Oblates of the Virgin Mary) humbly and prayerfully offering himself to those in need at Planned Parenthood, Boston, Massachusetts.

What is a priest? This is a priest.

Abba, Father, Your Son told us that anything we ask in His Name you will grant us. Send us more good priests to serve your Church…and bless those who already do so. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.