Last January, two newspapers reported that:
- No child was molested, nor subjected to indecent exposure, nor did any child claim such a thing at Immaculate Conception School in Revere, Massachusetts.
- No parent wished to register any complaints or charges against a man who did not molest a child, nor subject him to indecent exposure.
- The man who did not molest a child, nor subjected a child to indecent exposure, was completely cleared of any crime by the Revere, Massachusetts police.
- The non-incident appears to be this: the janitor used the boy's restroom to do what those of us who have to use the restroom usually do. (He's been availing himself of the facilities for the last 17 years.)
- A priest (Father George Szal), a principal (Alison Kelly), a teacher (name unknown), and a janitor (name also unknown) were fired…as a result of the aforementioned non-incident.
- Nearly 1,000 parishioners and parents from Immaculate Conception Church and School, have submitted a petition protesting the aforementioned firings to the Archdiocese of Boston and Cardinal O'Malley, calling them to be a "complete overreaction."
So far? No other news. So all we know is that evidently, four people got canned…for a non-incident.
I'm biting my tongue to comment on this, but I can't because, as is 'way too often the case? Silence prevails.
Read the stories here and here. See if you can make any sense of it.
And please pray for all involved.
May God continue to bless you.