Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Top Ten Reasons I Didn't Take Down My Christmas Decorations Today!

Number 10: 
Because, piously, I consider the Presentation of the Lord the end of Christmas. Which isn't until February 2.

Number 9:
Because, piously, I observed Advent as Advent...not Christmas.

Number 8:
Because, piously, I didn't send out Christmas Cards, but rather, Epiphany greetings...in order to piously not interrupt my holy contemplation of Advent.

Number 7:
Because, piously, I waited until after Midnight Mass to set out our Nativity Scene.

Number 6:
Because, piously, I didn't put the tree up until Christmas Morning.

Number 5:
Because, piously, I invited our Christmas Day guests to decorate our tree.

Number 4:
Because...well, gee. It looks so nice!

Number 3:
Because...okay, I kinda like it.

Number 2:
Because...all right. It's cold. The decorations sorta warm the house up a bit.

And the Number 1 Reason Why I Didn't Take Down the Christmas Decorations Today?

...drumroll...

Number 1:
Okay, bleep it! Because I'm bleeping LAZY, all right? :-)

Merry Christmas, everybody!