Saturday, August 25, 2018

"Do as they say..." I'm scared, I'm sorry, and I beg you.

From today's Gospel (Saturday, March 25)

"The scribes and the Pharisees
have taken their seat on the chair of Moses.
Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you,
but do not follow their example.
For they preach but they do not practice."
Matthew 23:1-12

For they preach, but not practice. And isn't that precisely what we're facing in the Catholic Church?

Our leaders -- many of them, too many -- coach a good game, but don't follow the rules. And I'm scared.

I'm scared that many -- like the disciples in tomorrow's Gospel -- will leave Jesus. I'm scared of what has happened since the moment Christ founded His Church..that wolves in sheep's clothing will again come up with "solutions" to mend Her. And will end up wrecking even more souls in their efforts.

I'm sorry. I'll never be a priest, never mind a "lay leader." I'm just an ordinary lady in the pew. But I must tell you: I apologize. I apologize for every Church leader who has let you and so many others down. I apologize for their actions and inactions. Whether you forgive us is your choice. I can only ask, and pray, and hope.

I beg you: don't leave the Body of Christ. Don't let evil bully you away. Don't -- again, I beg you -- give up the inheritance Christ won for you because some people -- some "leaders" -- didn't practice what they preached.

In your charity, pray for me. I pray for you all the time. Because that's what we're supposed to do, yes, but also because it's a joy to do so. To pray for each other...without ceasing.

Thank you for reading this. May God continue to bless you,

Kelly