Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ask Sister Mary Martha!

After spending a wonderfully fun afternoon reading her entire blog -- she apparently only just started last June -- I can only conclude that the blogger is either a complete hoax or the completely genuine article. And I'm inclined to believe the latter.

But even if the former is right, who cares? She's a terrific read, and a nun I'd love to have around my parish.

"Life is tough. But Nuns are tougher. If you need helpful advice, just Ask Sister Mary Martha. She'll help you. Just don't expect any sympathy."

I wanted to pick my favorite Sister Mary Martha blog, (I know you hate that word, Sister) but it was a tough one. Finally I decided on her really down-to-earth (so to speak) exposition on sin, titled Mel in Hell.

Is Sister one of the Catholic blogosphere's best kept secrets or am I totally behind the times? If you're already a fan, forgive me. If you haven't met the good Sister who remembers, and fondly so, the days of buying pagan babies (in fact, I believe a reunion of said babies is in the works) then by all means check her out!

P.S. I just used Blogger's "spell check" function for the first time...wouldn't you think it would recognize the words "blog" and "blogger?" Sheesh.