Saturday, August 05, 2006

The One Book Meme

Dom tagged me with this one and the only reason I've forgiven him for it is that he got zapped by his wife, Melanie. The deal is, you can only choose one book per category.

1. One book that changed your life: Theology and Sanity, Frank Sheed.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Gone with the Wind. I've read it more times than I care to admit (although frankly, my dear, you probably don't give a bleep).

3.) One book you'd care to have on a desert island: The Bible. Not that I'm all that holy, but gee, it's got everything in it...sacred stuff, natch, but also excitement, mystery, suspense...I tell ya, this one's going to be around for a long time!

4.) One book that made you laugh: I read it a long time ago, and don't even own a copy of it, but everytime I think of it I fall on the floor laughing. The Boss is Crazy Too: The story of a boy and his dog of a boss. Written by comic strip genious Mell Lazarus.

5.) One book that made you cry: Gone with the Wind, the first two times I read it. ("After all, tomorrow is another day!")

6.) One book you wish had been written: My Novel. I'm an advertising copywriter. It's an occupational disease.

7.) One book you wish had never been written: Aha! Oh sure, I could name The Da Vinci Code, or Mein Kampf, or a hundred others but none is so bad as my Vacuum Cleaner Manual. My vaccum cleaner itself -- Harmony (tm) by Electrolux is terrific -- but whoever wrote the manual outta, outta...outta clean my house for a year!!!

8.) One book you've been meaning to read: Lamentations. I mean, the whole thing. Maybe if I find myself on that desert island...

9.) Tag five others: I'm tagging anybody who wishes to get involved! Post away!