Friday, January 26, 2007

William Lee Clark, 1946 - 1986


When my husband Bill died suddenly at the age of forty, I was a young, and, to put it charitably, rather "indifferent" Catholic.

A few weeks after his death, I had a strange but comforting dream.

I saw a beautiful lady cradling a battered but breathing Bill in her arms, comforting him, and holding a Rosary.

Upon awakening, I was vaguely aware of the fact that my "Catholicism" had been nothing to write home -- or Heaven -- about.

But mostly I had a strong urge to pray the Rosary.

This presented a bit of a problem, since I hadn't prayed the Rosary in years...couldn't even remember anything about it other than the "Hail Mary" and the "Our Father" were important parts of it.

So I did some investigating...

And found that at a nearby chapel, the Rosary was prayed daily after Mass.

That was 21 years ago. Because my husband died and because of a dream -- was it a dream? -- I came home to the Catholic Church.

I love you, Mother Mary. Thank you for showing me the way back.

Bill Clark died on January 27, 1986. Please pray for the happy repose of his soul.

Thanks!

(I love you, Bill. Requiest in pace. And I can't believe you'd be 61 years old!!!)