Sunday, May 20, 2007

Another Rome Run!

Dr. Robert Koons expects to come into full comunion with the Roman Catholic Church on May 16.

Baptized in the Missouri Synod Lutheran church, Koons writes on his blog, Right Reason, to his Protestant brethren:

Please bear in mind also the distinction between the reality of justification and our theological theories about that reality. As a Roman Catholic, I will trust no less in Jesus as my Savior, nor more in my own works, than I have as a Lutheran. I’m certainly fallible and thus capable of trading in a better theory of justification for a worse one, but I urge my Protestant brethren to remember, before making any judgments about the state of my soul, that sinners are justified by trusting in Jesus and not by believing a theory of justification.

Amen and alleluia!