Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On being computer-less

Well, obviously I'm not, really. Right now I'm using my friend and business partner's computer...but it's not the same!!!

I came back today to find my beloved Mac phttt...gone, inoperable, dead.

'Course I'm hoping against hope the good people at Apple will be able to fix it at some point...maybe even tomorrow. Afternoon. Or night. Or the next day. And of course there are worse things that could happen. ("Think of the starving children in all those places staving children live!" I can hear my mom right now.)

The thing is, I didn't realize how much I depended on my computer. Pitiful, isn't it? You'd think I'd lost something important and I haven't! I mean, jeepers, the electricity still functions and I've got food...what is the matter with me?

Well, for one thing, I'm a bit worried about work tomorrow. This computer is fine (evidently) for blogging, but as much as I love you, there are clients that must be serviced.

I'm wondering if I still know how to write long-hand. You know, like with a pen and a blank piece of paper.

Oh well...may the Lord forgive me for being so sorry for myself. :-)