Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Come back...I swear, it's not too late...

From Saint Augustine:
Late have I loved you, Beauty so ancient and so new, late have I love you!
Lo, you were within, but I outside, seeking there for you, and upon the shapely things you have made  rushed headlong—I, misshapen.
You were with me, but I was not with you.
They held me back from from you, those things which would have no being, were they not in you.
You called, shouted, broke through my deafness: you flared, blazed, banished my blindness you lavished your fragrance, I gasped; and now I pant for you;
I tasted you, and how I hunger and thirst; you touched me, and burned for your peace.

~~~~~
Response:

Let Truth, the Light of my heart, speak to me, and not the voice of my own darkness. I wandered far away, yet I remembered you. See, now I return to your fountain, with longing and a burning thirst.

I myself am not the goal of my own existence. Left to myself, I lived in sin, bringing death upon myself. In you I have discovered life.  See, now I return to your fountain, with longing and a burning thirst.

~~~~~

Here's the thing: if I came back to our Holy Mother Church, anybody can. Yes, even you!

May God continue to bless you…and welcome you back to His arms. Amen.